Assembly New York has started a music blog asking creatives to make music mixes to share. They say: For the sake of joining like-minded individuals through music and experience, we ask friends, designers, musicians, artists, stylists, writers & other cultural contributors to share their libraries and thoughts with us.
Redia Soltis, Founder/editor-in-chief, Zero1 magazine
(1) How do you find the music you listen to?
I have some great friends that are really into music and like to share.
(2) What is your favorite way to enjoy music (live, alone, in the car, bath, work, etc.)? Alone. Loud. In bed. usually at night in the dark.
(3) What do you find exciting about the new music you listen to? To be honest I am really into stoner rock so the new music that I find is usually an old song that I haven’t heard before. When I stumble upon music that is new like Howlin Rain and Black Mountain which is influenced by the 60’s/70’s I get very excited and I listen to it over and over again.
(4) What is it about the songs you’ve been listening to for years that resonates with you? Nostalgia. Music resonate usually with me due to connecting with lyrics in a song from my personal experiences. I think a good song is one that evokes emotion whether it’s dark or brings you joy.
1. Black Mountain // Heart of Snow
2. Howlin’ Rain // Calling Lightning with a Scythe
3. Patsy Klein // Walking After Midnight
4. Grinderman // Electric Alice
5. Lumerians // Orgon Grinder
6. The Cramps // Let’s Get Fucked Up
7. Guns N’ Roses // Sweet Child O’ Mine
8. Jimi Hendrix // The Wind Cries Mary
9. Carpenters // Superstar (Sonic Youth cover)
10. Endless Boogie // Bad River
11. Nightmare // Annihilation