Inspired by the project “ten songs that saved your life” and encouraged by my good friend Angel Rafael Vázquez-Concepción (artist/curator/provocateur/head of Cranium Devices (Facebook)), I chose a selection of 10 songs that “saved my life.” These musical pieces are some of the most significative songs of my life to this day. Each one of these following tracks was responsible for changing my mindset in some way, rescuing from (or comforting me during) dark moments, inspiring creative change, provoking goosebumps, changing my perception of the world, or how I move through it (dancing). In one way or another, I always find myself returning to them.
(…in the order they were heard)
01. Silvio Rodríguez – Testamento
02. Fela Kuti – Alu Jon Jonki Jon
03. Sergio Mendes – Tiro Cruzado
04. Pink Floyd – Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict
05. Michel Camilo – Suite Sandrine I
06. Steve Reich – Drumming (Parts I-IV)
07. Björk – Possibly Maybe (Lucy Mix)
08. Yma Sumac – Chuncho
09. Stereolab – Come and Play in the Milky Night
10. To Rococo Rot – A Little Asphalt Here and There
There are much more, but the deal was 10.